This tour takes you to the historic and cultural countries of Austria and the Czech Republic. It combines great riding with a slower-paced exploration of two of Europe’s grand capitals, Vienna and Prague (see our guided Grand European Tour).
The tour starts and ends in Ljubljana, Slovenia's capital, and continues over stunning Alpine passes of northern Slovenia before entering Austria. In Austria and the Czech Republic you will cruise the traffic-free countryside roads through rolling hills, forests, vineyards and orchards. You'll visit historical capitals of Vienna and Prague, as well as the cultural gems of Olomouc, Česky Krumlow and Salzburg.
- Day 1 Arrival in Ljubljana Pick up the motorcycle, discuss the itinerary with an experienced guide.
- Day 2 Ljubljana - Deutchlandsberg Ride the fantastic twisties through the Alps and cross to neighbouring Austria.
- Day 3 Deutchlandsberg - Vienna Ride the gentle roads passing orchards and vineyards before arriving in Vienna.
- Day 4 Vienna rest day Spend the day in one of Europe's greatest historic capitals and have a slice of Sacher cake.
- Day 5 Vienna - Olomouc Enter the Czech Republic and visit one of its most lovely and quaint towns, Olomouc.
- Day 6 Olomouc - Prague Ride through Bohemia's unique landscape and visit Ossuary Chapel in Kutna Hora.
- Day 7 Prague rest day Enjoy the day sightseeing in the stunning capital of Prague.
- Day 8 Prague - Česky Krumlov Ride the fabolous roads of Sumava Range NP and take in the culture of Češky Krumlow.
- Day 9 Česky Krumlov - Salzburg Ride the high passes of Salzkammergut past its lakes to Mozart's hometown, Salzburg.
- Day 10 Salzburg - Ljubljana Snake your way over breathtaking alpine passes back to Ljubljana.
- Day 11 Ljubljana, flight home
GRAND KING'S TOUR from Ljubljana tour includes:
- Late model motorcycle with lockable hard luggage and tank bags plus a Third party liability insurance and Comprehensive vehicle insurance.
- 10 nights' accommodation in quality, mostly 4**** hotels.
- 10 complete buffet breakfasts in the hotel.
- Airport transfers on arrivals and departure day on the last day of the tour.
- All maps with marked routes for the region being toured.
- Extensive tour booklet.
- GPS with all the routes uploaded.