The tour combines hilly and always green Slovenia with multicultural Bosnia and mountainous Montenegro. On the way back you ride along the scenic Adriatic coastline and visit a couple of beautiful islands.
If you have a few extra days to spare, we definitely suggest you spend them in the Italian Dolomites. Reserve 2 or 3 days for that.
To save two days, we will turn the tour around a little bit and skip two nights in Slovenia, probably one in Jeruzalem and one of the rest days in Bovec.
You can save one more day if you stay for only one night in Zabljak in Montenegro, although we highly recommend a rest day there.
- Day 1 Arrival in Ljubljana Pick up the motorcycle, discuss the itinerary.
- Day 2 Ljubljana - Jeruzalem Ride through the Alps and stay in a wine growing B&B in Jeruzalem.
- Day 3 Jeruzalem - Novo mesto Ride through the vineyards of eastern Slovenia and stay in a 16 ct. castle for the night.
- Day 4 Novo mesto - Plitvice NP Cross to Croatia and visit spectacular Plitvice Lakes National Park.
- Day 5 Plitvice NP - Sarajevo Crossing into Bosnia and Herzegovina experiencing some excellent riding across the country.
- Day 6 Sarajevo rest day Stay in Sarajevo, the most Oriental city in Europe, and visit its old Turkish bazaar.
- Day 7 Sarajevo - Mostar Past Sutjeska National Park, ride to Mostar, famous for its old Turkish bridge.
- Day 8 Mostar - Zabljak After some amazing roads in Bosnia ride into Montenegro and its high mountains.
- Day 9 Zabljak - Petrovac Ride through amazing Tara River canyon and arrive at the coast of Montenegro.
- Day 10 Petrovac - Dubrovnik Climb the steep road up to Lovcen National Park, past Kotor and ride to Dubrovnik.
- Day 11 Dubrovnik rest day Exploring Dubrovnik or riding to Montenegro.
- Day 12 Dubrovnik - Hvar Island Riding the scenic costal road northwest, catching the ferry to lush green Hvar Island.
- Day 13 Hvar Island rest day It's all about relaxing or exploring the island from the bike.
- Day 14 Hvar Island - Pag Island Ride past Split and Krka National Park and arrive on the arid island of Pag.
- Day 15 Pag Island - Sezana Take the seaside roller coaster road up the Adriatic coast and cross back into Slovenia.
- Day 16 Sezana - Bovec After riding through many vineyards, follow the Soca River into the Julian Alps.
- Day 17 Bovec - Ljubljana Ride Vrsic Pass and past Bohinj and Bled lakes back to Ljubljana.
- Day 18 Ljubljana Flight home.
SLOVENIA & BALKANS COMBO self-guided tour includes:
- Late model motorcycle with lockable hard luggage and tank bags plus a Third party liability insurance and Comprehensive vehicle insurance.
- 17 nights' accommodation in quality, mostly 4**** hotels.
- 17 complete buffet breakfasts in the hotel.
- Airport transfers up to 5 days prior to the tour start, and on the last day of the tour.
- All maps with marked routes for the region being toured.
- Extensive tour booklet.
- GPS with all the routes uploaded.