This tour combines some of the best mountain roads in the world, riding through the Italian, Austrian, Swiss and French Alps, with a glimpse of Provence and the French Riviera (see our guided Alps Deluxe & French Riviera).
Start the ride in the Slovenian Julian Alps, a perfect warm-up for riding the tight curves and hairpins over the high passes of Austria, Switzerland and France. Descend to Nice and explore the picturesque villages of Provence before heading to Europe's number one motorcycle playground – the Dolomites.
- Day 1 Arrival in Ljubljana Pick up the motorcycle, discuss the itinerary with an experienced guide.
- Day 2 Ljubljana - Lienz Ride the amazing Soca River valley into the Julian Alps. Enter Austria via Italy.
- Day 3 Lienz - Lech Conquer the Grossglockner pass and ride the countryside roads to cozy ski resort of Lech.
- Day 4 Lech - Interlaken Cross to Switzerland via Lichtenstein and ride down the Sustenpass to Interlaken.
- Day 5 Interlaken - Chamonix Ride Grimsel and Furka, the best of Swiss passes, and arrive to Chamonix, France.
- Day 6 Chamonix rest day Get close to Mont Blanc or ride up to St. Bernard Pass. Take in the spectacular Alpine scenery.
- Day 7 Chamonix - Briancon Ride the best mountain passes in French Alps on the way to picturesque town of Briançon.
- Day 8 Briancon - Nice Today's riding takes you south to glamorous French Riviera and Nice, overlooking the sparkling waters of Mediteranean.
- Day 9 Nice - Aix en Provence Follow the Route of Napoleon and ride through vineyards and lavender fields of Provence.
- Day 10 Aix en Provence rest day Enjoy the ˝art de vivre˝ in bustling and charming Aix-en-Provence.
- Day 11 Aix en Provence - Embrun Ride along the amazing Grand Canyon du Verdon and over the mountains to Emrbun.
- Day 12 Embrun - Lake Como Ride over the Col Agnel and enter Italy in style. Arrive at Lake Como.
- Day 13 Lake Como - Livigno Great Alpine riding over high passes all the way to St.Moritz and further to Livigno.
- Day 14 Livigno - Corvara Ride the numerous hairpins of the famous Umbrail, Stelvio and Gavio high passes.
- Day 15 Corvara rest day One does not rest in Corvara. Ride one or more loops on the best roads in the Dolomites.
- Day 16 Corvara - Bovec Ride more switchbacks and cross to Slovenia. Arrive to Bovec, an outdoor paradise.
- Day 17 Bovec - Ljubljana Ride Vrsic Pass and past Bohinj and Bled lakes to Ljubljana.
- Day 18 Ljubljajna, flight home
ALPS DeLUXE variation tour includes:
- Late model motorcycle with lockable hard luggage and tank bags plus a Third party liability insurance and Comprehensive vehicle insurance.
- 17 nights' accommodation in quality, mostly 4**** hotels.
- 17 complete buffet breakfasts in the hotel.
- Airport transfers on arrivals and departure day on the last day of the tour.
- All maps with marked routes for the region being toured.
- Extensive tour booklet.
- GPS with all the routes uploaded.