After a few days of more gentle but still very twisty, scenic roads in Slovenia, you will spend 3 riding days in one of the most popular European riding playgrounds – the Dolomites. On the way back to Ljubljana you will ride through the beautiful Julian Alps of northwestern Slovenia.
Add one night in Sezana and ride a great loop around southeastern Slovenia, visit Skocjan Caves and Predjama castle on the way. You have enough time to ride to the Slovenian coast as well or even cross into Croatia.
Add a couple of relaxing days on the shores of the Adriatic Sea in northern Croatia. Losinj Island and Istria, Croatia's largest peninsula, are two great additions to the tour.
Add any number of nights in the Dolomites or Julian Alps if you want to ride more passes and spend more time in the mountains.
- Day 1 Arrival in Ljubljana Pick up the motorcycle, discuss the itinerary with an experienced guide.
- Day 2 Ljubljana - Jeruzelem Ride through the Alps and stay in a wine growing B&B in Jeruzalem.
- Day 3 Jeruzalem - Sezana Ride through the vineyards and pristine forests of eastern and southern Slovenia.
- Day 4 Sezana - Corvara Visit spectacular Skocjan Caves and ride to the Dolomites. Arrive to Corvara.
- Day 5 Rest day in Corvara Do one or more loops in the Dolomites on what are the best roads in the area.
- Day 6 Corvara - Bovec Through the Dolomites, ride back to Slovenia and into the Julian Alps.
- Day 7 Rest day in Bovec Ride around the Julian Alps, go hiking, whitewater rafting, or rest at the hotel.
- Day 8 Bovec - Ljubljana Ride Vrsic Pass and past Bohinj and Bled lakes back to Ljubljana.
- Day 9 Flight home
SLOVENIA & DOLOMITES self-guided tour includes:
- Late model motorcycle with lockable hard luggage and tank bags plus a Third party liability insurance and Comprehensive vehicle insurance.
- 8 nights' accommodation in quality, mostly 4**** hotels.
- 8 complete buffet breakfasts in the hotel.
- Airport transfers up to 5 days prior to the tour start, and on the last day of the tour.
- All maps with marked routes for the region being toured.
- Extensive tour booklet.
- GPS with all the routes uploaded.