Warm up on the gentle roads of hilly and green Slovenia and relax on Losinj Island in Croatia before attacking the notorious high passes and switchbacks of the Italian Dolomites and Swiss and Austrian Alps. Get your adrenaline going on the mountain curves and take in the stunningly beautiful Alpine peaks.
- Day 1 Arrival in Ljubljana Pick up the motorcycle, discuss the itinerary with an experienced guide.
- Day 2 Ljubljana - Novo Mesto Ride through pristine forests and vineyards and stay in a 16 ct. castle for the night.
- Day 3 Novo Mesto - Lošinj Island Ride the hilly Dolenjska region, cross to Croatia and ride Krk and Losinj islands.
- Day 4 Lošinj Island rest day A day to relax or hop on the bike and ride to lovely little towns of Mali and Veli Losinj.
- Day 5 Lošinj Island - Brda A fun ride through Istria exploring spectacular Skocjan caves on the way and stay in a wine growing B&B in Brda.
- Day 6 Brda - Corvara Cross to Italy and ride the high passes in the Dolomites. Arrive to Corvara.
- Day 7 Corvara rest day One does not rest in Corvara. Ride one or more loops on the best roads in the Dolomites.
- Day 8 Corvara - Livigno Climbe the famous Gavia, Stelvio and Umbrail passes arriving to Livigno.
- Day 9 Livigno - Andermatt More high Alpine passes with exhilarating roads await on the way to Switzerland.
- Day 10 Andermatt rest day A fantastic day to conquer several more passes in the Swiss motorcycle motherland.
- Day 11 Andermatt - Lech Ride through Alpine forests and past the lakes to Austria's charming ski resort of Lech.
- Day 12 Lech - Salzburg Ride Grossglockner, the highest pass in Austraia, on the way to Mozart's hometown, Salzburg.
- Day 13 Salzburg - Bovec A fantastic mountanous ride takes you back to Slovenia and to Julian Alps.
- Day 14 Bovec - Ljubljana Ride Vrsic Pass and past Bohinj and Bled lakes to Ljubljana.
- Day 15 Departure from Ljubljana
SLOVENIA & TOP OF THE ALPS self-guided tour includes:
- Late model motorcycle with lockable hard luggage and tank bags plus a Third party liability insurance and Comprehensive vehicle insurance.
- 14 nights' accommodation in quality, mostly 4**** hotels.
- 14 complete buffet breakfasts in the hotel.
- Airport transfers up to 5 days prior to the tour start, and on the last day of the tour.
- All maps with marked routes for the region being toured.
- Extensive tour booklet.
- GPS with all the routes uploaded.