This tour is all about riding the best passes and switchbacks in the Swiss, Austrian, and Italian Alps (see our guided Top of the Alps).
From charming Ljubljana, you will ride north into the Austrian Alps, continue to the Swiss motorcycle motherland and through the famous Italian Dolomites and back to Slovenia. You will get to ride the best Alpine roads whilst taking in amazing views over the surrounding snow-capped peaks, deep clear Alpine lakes and fairy tale villages.
- Day 1 Arrival in Ljubljana Pick up the motorcycle, discuss the itinerary with an experienced guide.
- Day 2 Ljubljana - Lienz Ride the amazing Soca River valley into theJulian Alps. Enter Austria via Italy.
- Day 3 Lienz - Lech Conquer the Grossglockner pass and ride the countryside roads to cozy ski resort of Lech.
- Day 4 Lech - Andermatt Cross to Switzerland via Lichtenstein. Ride the mountainous roads to Andermatt.
- Day 5 Andermatt rest day A day for conquering several passes in the Swiss motorcycle motherland.
- Day 6 Andermatt - Livigno Great Alpine riding over several high passes to St.Moritz and further to Livigno.
- Day 7 Livigno - Corvara Ride the famous Umrail, Stelvio and Gavio high passes and arrive to Corvara.
- Day 8 Corvara - Bovec Ride back to Slovenia through the Dolomites and into the Julian Alps.
- Day 9 Bovec - Ljubljana Ride Vrsic Pass and past Bohinj and Bled lakes to Ljubljana.
- Day 10 Ljubljana, flight home
TOP OF THE ALPS VARIATION self-guided tour includes:
- Late model motorcycle with lockable hard luggage and tank bags plus a Third party liability insurance and Comprehensive vehicle insurance.
- 9 nights' accommodation in quality, mostly 4**** hotels.
- 9 complete buffet breakfasts in the hotel.
- Airport transfers up to 5 days prior to the tour start, on the last day of the tour and one day after the tour.
- All maps with marked routes for the region being toured.
- Extensive tour booklet.
- GPS with all the routes uploaded.